Friday, June 17, 2011

Some Simple Stuff

Wow, it's been a long time since I updated! And I'll be in Maui for the next week, so I'll just jam a whole bunch of good stuff in one post. Here goes.....

First, an interesting article from Mark's Daily Apple about how to wake up feeling alert!

Ok, I'm adding a link to this article even though it doesn't really have anything to do with paleo... it's paleoISH maybe? Maybe? The top 5 things people regret on their deathbeds.

Now, some really simple paleo stuff I've been enjoying as of late:

Nature's Otter Pops: Take a bag of grapes, stick them in the freezer. Eat. My roommate Ivan says they taste like Otter Pops.  They are the perfect sweet snack, especially since it's finally starting to warm up around these parts.

Tuna Stuffed Avocado:  This is not something new; you've probably come across a million variations of this. But an on-again-off-again house guest, Jeff, made one for me the other day and it was the best I ever had. Maybe it was because it was so simple. Or maybe it was just because someone else made it.  All he did was drain a can of tuna, add a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, then he stuck it on top of a halved avocado. Whenever I've made it, I end up putting a whole bunch of other veggies in it-which is good too- but this was fast, easy, and satisfying.

Pretending Coconut Milk is Yogurt: I always have coconut milk in my cupboard. And I usually have some in my fridge too. I try to get the organic "Thai Kitchen" FULL FAT version, I open a can, transfer it to a tupperware to keep in my fridge and eat over a few days. If you keep it in the fridge it thickens to a consistency similar to Greek yogurt.  I take a banana and whatever kind of berries I have at the moment (sometimes I use mango and banana), put in a bowl with a few scoops of coconut milk, then add walnuts and UNSWEETENED coconut flakes, and cacao nibs. I kinda feel like I'm making a banana split. I'll eat this for a snack or dessert mostly.  Sometimes I eat it for breakfast if I'm starting to get burnt out on eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment